couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mike Marino <mmar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using python-cloudant to connect to couchDB
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 01:29:16 GMT
Hi Andy,

> well - obviously I am wrong. I am sorry. Thanks for your example Mike. I
> think Radhikas question is very well answered then :)

No problem, I probably should've sent the gist link with my first
response to avoid confusion.  :-)

> But I am still wondering if the intention of this library is to use it for
> Apache CouchDB's and not only Cloudant. But on the other side if it works
> it works ...

I thought so to, initially. Certainly the name suggests this!
However, I don't think there are any features (yet?) that are
cloudant-API specific. I may be wrong about this.

Biggest differences I've found in comparison to the more well known
modules you listed is the built in async behavior and the avoidance of
anything to do with document schemes.  (It's quite a bit more
lightweight.) It's not the only "other" module to do this; there's an
open discussion concerning this on the GitHub page:

https://github.com/cloudant-labs/cloudant-python/issues/25

Cheers,
Mike