couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Bigcouch vs couchbase
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 19:23:40 GMT

On Mar 26, 2014, at 9:31 AM, Stanley Iriele <siriele2x3@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why would you say that couchbase scales better?…

That’s getting way off-topic for this list, but http://couchbase.com has a bunch of marketing
materials and white papers and such, and we have sales engineers you can talk to if you really
want to dive into it. But as I said, Couchbase Server and BigCouch are very different.

> And does bigcouch ever return conflicts to the user? How is the "which write won" problem
solved?

AFAIK BigCouch’s document/revision/conflict model is identical to CouchDBs. MVCC, revision
IDs, revision trees, conflicts represented as branched trees, conflict resolution by deleting
unwanted branches, etc.

—Jens