couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can't change user password, Badarg error in HTTP request (crypto,sha_mac_n)
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 20:01:59 GMT

I can’t reproduce this, could you include the full document contents (change password to
"" but leave it in if it existed)?

On 5 Feb 2014, at 17:19, Nathan Vander Wilt <nate-lists@calftrail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to manually set a new password for a user, but I get a 500 with a concerning
stacktrace when I do so.

> Basically what I'm doing is pulling up the _users/org.couchdb.user:doc in Futon, deleting
the password_sha and salt fields, and adding a new field `password` with the desired password.
When I save I get the stacktrace below.

> This is CouchDB 1.3.0 on Erlang R15B02. Is this indicative of trouble with my build?
Oddly when my app's middleware does IIRC the same thing it's fine (but it might be using special
logic for Cloudant to hash the password locally…) Additionally other users *are* able to
login so it can't be a completely borked ability to hash things as if OpenSSL lib was wrong
or whatever? (Although maybe sha works but pbkdf2 doesn't?)