couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: CouchDb Crash Report Help
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 21:01:58 GMT
Hey Brendan,

That link is one of mine, and IIRC the eventual fix is to use an R16B*
based release of CouchDB on Windows, or good old faithful R14B04. The
1.5.x releases are running a pretty new mochiweb release (as far
forwards as I could go without breaking R14B04 support).

I suggest:
- confirming what erlang reelase you're using
- moving to R14B04 initially
- if you still get stuck use latest couch+ R16b02 ( or 16b03-1 if we
release one with that when you're still stuck)
Is that possible?

One could trace & catch the specific error but if "periodically" and
"1m docs" applies, the tracing is likely to take a while, and use some
space up.

A+
Dave

On 14 February 2014 21:27, Brendan Walker <brenwalk@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I apologize if this email is getting resent, I can't find any confirmation that it was
received. I am having difficulty trying to figure out why CouchDb is crashing from the crash
report, and I was wondering if someone would be able to give me some feedback on what could
be going wrong.

> Here is my scenario: I have a Couch instance with over a million documents. There is
also continuous replication going on to and from another instance. Periodically, CouchDb crashes
because of the crash report below. I increased the `max_dbs_open` and `max_connections` settings
in the config, but that didn't stop the crashing.

> I was linked to this issue (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/201212.mbox/%3CCAHZBNKbhXinyJzbTZ14Ddi9_2jTu=9QjMFjSS+36_vnM80PPCw@mail.gmail.com%3E).
Is that similar to the issue I am hitting? If so, it looks like the fix was merged into mochiweb,
but the version that ships with CouchDb doesn't contain the fix.