couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ben Johnson <myalphabetfam...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB security
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 14:42:55 GMT
Hello,
  Thanks in advance for your humoring me on a few questions.  I am new to
this and learning.  I read through the CouchDB guide on security and had a
few followup questions.

I am posting information to my CouchDB from a browser.  I will put a few
precautions and validations for the data in the browser but because of
nature of the project users will not be required to log in.  I am wondering
without a log in, how secure should I feel about my database and someone
overtaking it?  Has someone done this with success?  Can all of the data in
the database be viewed and or modified from someone using curl and my
servers address? Anything else that I should of thought about?  The data is
not sensitive but I still want to preserve its integrity.

Thanks,
Ben