couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Super slow attachment upload speed on localhost
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 20:35:02 GMT
We just recently fixed this issue. My immediate guess is that the OS X
packages haven't been updated by Dave was quick to get the Windows
binaries up.

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 2:30 PM, Jason Winshell <jason@jasonwinshell.com> wrote:
> All: It works fine on Windows.
>
> I retested the large attachment upload using the latest Windows build (in VMWare).
>
> * Windows (x86) Erlang/OTP R16B01 | Version 1.5.0
>
> BTW, in the curl transcript, the Windows Couch build reports a ## LATER ### version of
Erlang (R16B02), not R16B01 as shown on the web site.

> Server: CouchDB/1.5.0 (Erlang OTP/R16B02)
>
> 3MB < 1 sec
> 10 MB < 1 sec
> 20 MB < 1 sec
> 40 MB ~ 1 sec
> 80 MB ~ 2 sec
> 160 MB ~ 6 sec
>

> There's something seriously wrong with the current Mac OS version
>
> * Mac OS X (10.6+) Erlang/OTP R16B01 | Version 1.5.0
>
> In the curl transcript, the Mac version reports Erlang R16B01, an earlier version than
Windows

>    Server: CouchDB/1.5.0 (Erlang OTP/R16B01)
>
> What's the story between the difference on the Mac and Windows? How can I build CouchDB
on the Mac that uses the same version of Erlang (Erlang OTP/R16B02) as Windows, so I can do
a retest on the Mac.

> This problem took me a day to work out. Argh.
>

> On Feb 12, 2014, at 10:09 AM, Jason Winshell <jason@jasonwinshell.com> wrote:
>
>> Can you please elaborate. I don't know what this means? Thanks.
>>
>> On Feb 12, 2014, at 10:04 AM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I believe this issue has the same reasons as COUCHDB-1986 does.
>>> --

slow when transferring from curl. Both curl and Couch are running on localhost (no network).
I switched to a curl test after seeing the same problem with Futon and the Ektorp framework.
I tried the loopback address, 127.0.0.1 too.

the average upload speed is 146K/sec. What's going on? Why is Couch taking so long to process
the attachment stream?