couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nick North <nort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Super slow attachment upload speed on localhost
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 17:14:11 GMT
I think the fix that Paul was referring to was CouchDb
1953<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1953>,
which speeds up attachment parsing generally, and can give dramatic
improvements when attachments contain a lot of '\r' characters. However,
I'm not aware that the Windows binaries have been updated with this patch,
so that wouldn't be the cause of the difference between Windows and Mac
performance. It's possible that the attachment contents are slightly
different on the two systems, if there has been line-end conversion in
moving the file around, causing them to behave differently. Did you try
Rian's suggestion of zipping the attachment to see if that speeds things
up? If this is an instance of issue 1953, I'd expect uploading of the
zipped attachment to be fast on both systems.

Nick