couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jo-Erlend Schinstad <joerlend.schins...@ubuntu.com>
Subject Fwd: CouchDB transactions?
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 22:07:02 GMT
A while ago (a year or so) I tried to use CouchDB to model trees. This
worked fine, except inserting or moving nodes proved very difficult, if not
impossible. The reason was that when I wanted to a move or insert, that
meant updating prev_node on two different documents. If something happened
after the first document was updated and before the second was updated, it
would mean the tree would be completely broken.

If I could get a guarantee that these two documents were updated
simultaneous or not at all, both in the local database and while
replicating, I believe all my problems would be fixed. And I would
absolutely love this, because I was able to do some pretty cool things in
my prototypes.

So; is this possible now or will it be? Just to be clear; I'm not asking
for relationships between documents, but merely a guarantee that a group of
documents are updated simultaneously or not at all.

Thanks,

Jo-Erlend Schinstad