couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Brendan Walker <>
Subject CouchDb Crash Report Help
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 19:59:22 GMT

I am having difficulty trying to figure out why CouchDb is crashing from
the crash report, and I was wondering if someone would be able to give me
some feedback on what could be going wrong.

Here is my scenario: I have a Couch instance with over a million documents.
There is also continuous replication going on to and from another instance.
Periodically, CouchDb crashes because of the crash report below. I
increased the `max_dbs_open` and `max_connections` settings in the config,
but that didn't stop the crashing. What would be causing this to occur?

Brendan Walker

=== Crash Report ===

[Thu, 13 Feb 2014 15:09:38 GMT] [error] [<0.10713.9>]