couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Pieter van der Eems <p.van.der.e...@interactiveblueprints.nl>
Subject Re: How to add BrowserId plugin to OSX binary install of CouchDB
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 14:22:17 GMT
I know this is an old conversation but I just thought I would add my
findings since I recently got couchdb with browserid working on my
armhf system.

I had first tried and failed compiling couchdb with browserid plugin
like the browserid github documentation suggested (clone
build-couchdb, init submodules, rake "plugin" etc). I cannot get that
to compile on armhf (debian).

What I ended up doing is to install the debian couchdb packages (only
1.4 but atleast it works on armhf :-) ). And copying the plugin.

I first compiled the plugin on my desktop PC (linuxmint 16 on amd64)
as described on the github page
(https://github.com/iriscouch/browserid_couchdb). I then copied the
plugin compiled code to the arm machine.

Most of the couchdb package is installed in
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/couchdb.

On arm:
# apt-get install couchdb
# mkdir -p /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/couchdb/plugins/browserid_couchdb
# cd /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/couchdb/plugins/browserid_couchdb
# cp -r /tmp/browserid/etc .
# cp -r /tmp/browserid/ebin .
# cp -r /tmp/browserid/priv .
# cp /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/couchdb/plugins/browserid_couchdb/etc/couchdb/default.d/browserid.ini
/etc/couchdb/default.d/.

I ended up with this tree:

/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/couchdb/plugins/browserid_couchdb
├── ebin
│   ├── browserid_couchdb.app
│   ├── browserid_couchdb_app.beam
│   ├── browserid_couchdb_sup.beam
│   └── couch_httpd_browserid.beam
├── etc
│   └── couchdb
│       └── default.d
│           └── browserid.ini
└── priv
    ├── browserid_logo_sm.png
    ├── example.html
    ├── include.js
    ├── less.js
    ├── main.js
    ├── sign_in_blue.png
    ├── sign_in_green.png
    ├── sign_in_grey.png
    ├── sign_in_orange.png
    ├── sign_in_red.png
    ├── style.css
    └── style.less

I don't remember exactly where I copied the files from :-(

After setting the ERL_ZFLAGS environment value (as described on the
github page) I could then start couchdb and active browserid.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Pieter van der Eems
Interactive Blueprints