couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Enforcing creating documents using an update handler in a CouchApp
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 23:12:35 GMT

update handlers and validate_doc_update go hand-in-hand for model validation.

The validate_doc_update enforces your model, the update handler makes it easier on clients
to send valid updates. The update handler is often unnecessary, though.

I say you have it backwards, it’s the validate_doc_update function you want to focus on.

B.