couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB transactions?
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 00:01:29 GMT

On Feb 6, 2014, at 3:19 PM, I wrote:

> This results in unordered sibling nodes, though.

I should have said "This doesn't support arbitrarily reorderable sibling nodes" instead. The
nodes can still be considered ordered if they have properties that can be used as keys, like
"filename" in a filesystem tree. But reorderable nodes are important in some uses cases like
outliners.

> if you need to move a node between siblings "a" and "ab" you can give it the order value
"am".

That example is messed up; sorry! A correct one is:
	if you need to move a node between siblings "a" and "b" you can give it the order value "am".

—Jens