couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <>
Subject Re: Matching docs which values ending with a specific string
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 16:34:23 GMT

On Feb 13, 2014, at 8:24 AM, Tito Ciuro <> wrote:

> This works as expected. However, if I issue the same command with curl I get more than
I expected:
> curl,%7B%7D%5D

I don't think that's the exact command line you used, because without quotes the shell's going
to interpret the '?' character as a wildcard. Could you post the exact command line?

(Also, could you show what the startkey and endkey expand to? I'm not good at doing URL-unescaping
in my head.)

PS: I've found that the 'httpie' tool saves a lot of sanity when sending command-line requests
to CouchDB. It's similar to curl but a lot friendlier, and makes it very easy to add custom
queries and JSON body properties without doing a ton of quoting.
View raw message