couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Volker Mische <volker.mis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Couchbase _changes feed equivalent
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2014 01:03:36 GMT
On 02/28/2014 01:47 AM, Stanley Iriele wrote:
> What is the couchbase equivalent of the changes feed?...just to be clear I
> am using couchdb but I am asking for a friend. I am familiar with the
> changes feed enough but it seems like this has been hidden away from the
> developer in couchbase. ...how would someone achieve the same behavior from
> couchbase?...Any one with insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Stanley,

you should ask those kind of questions in the Couchbase Google Group [1].

There is no such thing as a _changes feed in Couchbase. In the upcoming
Couchbase 3.x (which is still a bit away) there will be something called
"UPR stream" which will be similar, yet different. Though you should be
able to do similar things as you can do with the _changes feed. If you
want to know more about UPR see [2].

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/couchbase
[2] https://github.com/couchbaselabs/cbupr/blob/master/index.md

Cheers,