couchdb-user mailing list archives

From James Dingwall <james.dingw...@zynstra.com>
Subject Eliminate keys during reduce?
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2014 15:39:20 GMT
Hi,

I have a reduce function which is queried with
?reduce=true&group_level=1.  In some cases the value is interesting and
other cases not.  Is it possible to delete the keys from the result
which are not interesting?  I have tried returning null and undefined in
these cases but that does not seem to work. At the moment I'm filtering
out the non-interesting cases with a list function but that seems to be
an unnecessary layer and not necessarily scalable as the size of the
database increases.  The only other solution is for the code consuming
the result to do the filter but ideally I would like the result to
shrink to 0 rows when it is all uninteresting.

Thanks,
James