couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB scenario - steering advise please
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 05:21:48 GMT
On 09/01/14 04:21, pete huerter wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new here, and am writing to ask your advise on whether CouchDB is a
> good fit for my needs. (*)  Thanks in advance for considering my case below.
> As I approach this project again after shelving it I am hopeful there are
> some users who are understanding and knowledgeable who can take a min or
> two to help steer me in any way they think may help.

As I understand, you plan to have a single document, which would probably end up
being unwieldy: why not to break it up into constituent sub-documents (nodes and
edges) ?

However, I have some experience in storing graphs in CouchDB as a collections of
nodes and edges documents (with Views to query them), but it ended up not a pretty
sight: have you already looked into a proper graph database (like Neo4J) as
persistence mechanism ?

You may also be interested in RDF data stores (OpenRDF ?).

Regards,

Luca Morandini
Data Architect - AURIN project
Melbourne eResearch Group
Department of Computing and Information Systems
University of Melbourne
Tel. +61 03 903 58 380
Skype: lmorandini