couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Revisions lost on CouchDB 1.2.0
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2014 08:42:35 GMT

As Simon says, this is the normal and expected behavior of CouchDB after database compaction
(or replication). CouchDB is not a revision control system, it only keeps the latest versions
(including conflicts) of every document (including deleted ones).

B.

On 31 Jan 2014, at 08:16, Luca Morandini <lmorandini@ieee.org> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> something puzzling happened on the 11th of November last year to one of our CouchDB databases:
all the non-current revisions were deleted (the rev info shows them as missing). From that
moment on, all revisions were kept (we discovered the missing revisions only yesterday).