couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: confused about date parsing
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 22:45:06 GMT

On Jan 29, 2014, at 2:17 PM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 2:13 AM, Dan Santner <dansantner@me.com> wrote:
>>                                var today = new Date();
>
> This value will be computed only once when document get indexed, not
> each time when you query the view.

Has anyone thought of modifying the JS global bindings when a map function runs, such that
calling Date.new will throw an exception? Preferably an exception with a descriptive message
like "It is illegal to use the current date in a map function"? It would save considerable
support time — I believe this is the second time this issue has come up in the last week.

(Yes, probably more appropriate on the dev list…)

—Jens