couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: confused about date parsing
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 22:55:49 GMT

That would prevent a user including "indexed at" timestamp. Admittedly an odd thing to do,
but banning it seems a bit extreme.

B.

On 29 Jan 2014, at 22:45, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2014, at 2:17 PM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 2:13 AM, Dan Santner <dansantner@me.com> wrote:
>>>                               var today = new Date();
>>
>> This value will be computed only once when document get indexed, not
>> each time when you query the view.
>
> Has anyone thought of modifying the JS global bindings when a map function runs, such
that calling Date.new will throw an exception? Preferably an exception with a descriptive
message like "It is illegal to use the current date in a map function"? It would save considerable
support time — I believe this is the second time this issue has come up in the last week.