couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Igor Klimer <i.kli...@getbacksa.pl>
Subject Re: Error during compaction
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 08:25:42 GMT
> Given that you’re at 100Gb and compacting for the first time, can you tell us if you
were running on older couchdb versions that 1.2.0 between db creation and today?

No, we've been running 1.2.0 from the start (around Oct 2012), then switched to Ubuntu and
1.5.0.

> Do you have free disk space?
Yes, there's about 150% of the DB's size worth of free space :) I forgot to mention ("OK,
here we go, the user will confess to some sin he committed and is ashamed of and is most likely
the reason for this failure") that we've run the compaction once before the error on Windows
I mentioned below, but it failed because of insufficient disk space - so I double checked
before running the compaction again if there's enough space. Here's the log, if it's any helpful:
http://pastebin.com/S1URXN0p
Do you think it could have left the database in some corrupted state? It seems it failed at
a different part then the two next attempts (and, as far as I understand, compaction is just
copying over the database while pruning the old revisions and deleted documents).

Thank you for your time and help and best regards,
Igor Klimer