couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Hank Knight <hknight...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB: Are large design documents OK?
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2014 22:11:00 GMT
I would like to use CouchDB to power a large website containing
hundreds of pages.  The pages will be dynamically created from
thousands of documents.  Some pages will be powered by List Functions
and the other pages will be created by Show functions.

There are many advantages of using a single design document to power
ALL of the pages.  For example, I could access  could access common
JavaScript modules / functions and I could manage common areas such as
the header and footer from a single place.

Are there any drawbacks to storing all pages inside a singe design document?