couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replication of attachment is extremely slow.. LOGGED INFORMATION
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2014 00:41:01 GMT
Yeah. I happened to be staring at that function thinking "This looks
really slow..." and remembered the recent PR. Turns out Nick had
already done all the work fixing it. For reference I'm seeing a
roughly 20x speedup on the HTTP based attachment replication.

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 4:37 PM, Adam Kocoloski
<adam.kocoloski@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well how about that. Go Nick!
>
> Adam
>
>> On Jan 24, 2014, at 7:31 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Interesting note, this is fixed by applying the patch to COUCHDB-1953.
>>
>>> On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 3:03 PM, Rian R. Maloney <rian.maloney@yahoo.com>
wrote:
>>> Will do Dave. Thanks again for the help
>>>
>>> Im away from desk at the moment but - Ive recreated this on 2 windows 7 pcs and
a MAC OS X mini.

>>> Im putting together a cleansed file - this format is used for check image exchange
between banks so I need to remove personal data.

>>> Thanks
>>> Rian
>>>

>>> On Friday, January 24, 2014 4:51 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Duplicated locally. Poking around at debugging what's going on.

a message. It messes up the threaded view of the conversation.

this thread) so attachments are out; but nowadays we have lots of nice online tools like Pastebin
and Gist for hosting big blobs of text that you can then post a URL to.