couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: All Erlang solution
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 06:30:31 GMT
On Jan 10, 2014 4:27 AM, "ghhjdfhjd fdhjhfjdfjhdfj" <
hehehahahehaheha@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>

> I'd like to use 100% Erlang for CouchDB development (not http/rest, and
not using an Erlang driver which is a wrapper for http/rest).

> I understand that there are 2 things:  1) plugins, and 2) hovercraft.
>
> Both seem fine.  But with plugins, afaik it seems I'd have to scroll
through the CouchDB source to in order to figure out their lower-level API
(I don't think there is a 'plugin API' provided, and I don't think there is
some friendly document out there saying 'Hi plugin writers!  Here are the
internal functions you will need which mimick the http/rest API').

> It seems (if I'm not mistaken) that hovercraft is the thing I'm looking
for.  But the thing looks old and unmaintained as hell.  Does it still
work?  Does anyone use it?  Is there some updated fork somewhere that
someone is maintaining?

> Feel free to recommend anything, point me in some kind of direction, give
advice or comments, etc.

> Thanks.
you can use couchc:

http://github.com/benoitc/couchc

which is more recent. or just call the api via rpc if you want to do remote
all. In the future fabric in the bigcouch branch can also be used for that.
If you want to do remote call i would strongly in vite you to reconsider
the use of an erlang client library. couchbeam is definitely not "just" an
http wrapper.

if you want to embed couch you can use the rcouch merge branch or just
rcouch (http://rcouch.org) .

- benoit