couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <>
Subject Re: Represent your project at ApacheCon
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 19:35:31 GMT
Hi everyone,

we have received this email from Rich Bowen and I thought it's a good idea
to forward the request to send a submission for a talk. Why not doing a
CouchDB talk :). That would be awesome. So if anyone is interested to speak
at Apache Con April 7 - 9, 2014 in Denver, please visit this page:

And please note: all submissions must be received by February 1, 2014.

On 27 January 2014 15:20, Rich Bowen <> wrote:

> Folks,
> 5 days from the end of the CFP, we have only 50 talks submitted. We need
> three times that just to fill the space, and preferably a lot more so that
> we have some variety to choose from to put together a schedule.
> I know that we usually have over half the content submitted in the last 48
> hours, so I'm not panicking yet, but it's worrying. More worrying, however
> is that 2/3 of those submissions are from the Usual Suspects (ie, httpd and
> Tomcat), and YOUR project isn't represented.
> We would love to have a whole day of Lucene, and of OpenOffice, and of
> Cordova, and of Felix and Celix and Helix and Nelix. Or a half day.
> We need your talk submissions. We need you to come tell the world why your
> project matters, why you spend your time working on it, and what exciting
> new thing you hacked into it during the snow storms. (Or heat wave, as the
> case may be.)
> Please help us get the word out to your developer and user communities
> that we're looking for quality talks about their favorite Apache project,
> about related technologies, about ways that it's being used, and plans for
> its future. Help us make this ApacheCon amazing.
> --rcb
> --
> Rich Bowen -
> OpenStack Community Liaison