couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <>
Subject Re: Replication without IP connection
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 18:04:41 GMT

On Jan 27, 2014, at 9:42 AM, Mike Marino <> wrote:

> This is an interesting problem.  Aaron, can you say something more about
> what sorts of data transfer you have at all?

He already said: HF Radio.

> What about:
> Remote system A, Central System B
> 1.  Make A read-only, copy database file to intermediate A_1

He already said they don't have the bandwidth to copy entire database files.

Think of it as being like a 1980s-era dial-up BBS: super low bandwidth, and just raw data
transfer instead of fancy IP protocols. It's absolutely not the kind of environment that could
support CouchDB replication as we know it.

View raw message