couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Free NoSQL Viewer for Popular NoSQL Databases Available
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 17:51:31 GMT

On Jan 27, 2014, at 1:25 AM, Andy Wenk <andy@nms.de> wrote:

> When visiting the website I recognised, that one has to register to be able to download
the viewer. I don't think this is cool and think that the viewer should be downloadable without
registering. This is the well known behaviour in the OpenSource community.

But SPViewer isn't open source. It's a commercial product and they can do whatever they want
for registration or sales. Just because it talks to an open source server doesn't make it
part of the open source community — heck, MSIE talks to open source servers ;-)

—Jens

PS: Also, please don't crosspost; it's not good netiquette. I just noticed before sending
this that my reply would also have gone to nosql-discussion@googlegroups.com, which I'm not
subscribed to and which would have bounced the message back to me.