couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Disabling doc include
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 00:40:39 GMT

On Jan 1, 2014, at 3:27 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:

> There’s no document level read protection, but you can certainly grant or deny read
access to users on a per database basis.

Yes, but that isn’t relevant to what the OP is trying to do, i.e. give users access to some
data but not all of it.

> The restrictive proxy approach is brittle, it requires that you know all the URL patterns
to block and keep them up to date when you upgrade CouchDB. It can work, it’s just not awesome.

Yes. I only brought it up because it’s the only way I know of to enable some form of per-document
read protection using Apache CouchDB (as opposed to something similar-but-not-the-same, like
Couchbase Sync Gateway.)

—Jens