couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mike Marino <mmar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: confused about date parsing
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 23:01:57 GMT
> Am 29.01.2014 um 23:45 schrieb Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com>:
> Has anyone thought of modifying the JS global bindings when a map function runs, such
that calling Date.new will throw an exception? Preferably an exception with a descriptive
message like "It is illegal to use the current date in a map function"? It would save considerable
support time -- I believe this is the second time this issue has come up in the last week.

I think it could be reasonable to write a tool that checks for common
errors in views and advises based upon what it finds, e.g. an addition
to the test suite. Running such a tool would have to be elective,
though, I also don't think it's a good idea to take away
functionality.