couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ashley Parkes <ash...@ashleyparkes.com>
Subject Re: Marketing suggestion
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2014 04:31:59 GMT
Sorry if I'm an accidental top poster- I researched the mailing list concept last night, but
I still don't know if I'm doing it right!

Anyway, LinkedIn - you can create company pages as well as groups. Spotty updates definitely
look bad, but it's also better (IMO) to have a well-fleshed-out description page pointing
to the website than nothing at all. Same for Facebook. So if we do those for CouchDB, we can
then develop update strategies to be implemented when we know exactly what kind of content
we want to post and on what schedule.

Also, LinkedIn now has a section for volunteer work! If y'all who have been contributing for
a long time wanted to list your CouchDB work there, this theoretical company page would be
linked to you, and anyone who's interested in what you do on the side is going to look at
that. Not exactly an aggressive marketing tactic, but it gets the name out there.

Ashley

Sent from my iPhone