couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Scott Weber <scotty2...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Replication of attachment is extremely slow
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 22:27:36 GMT
I have seen the same thing as the poster below.  Does anyone have a fix? Work around?

It would seem that the database server is doing some kind of inspection of the

attachments and deciding how to move them around (Based 64, UTF16, etc...).

Is this the case?

Here is what I tried:
I attached a mixed content file to a document (text+binary, kind of like a PDF).  This was
about 3 meg or so. Then I triggered a replication to another database.  It took 30 seconds
to replicate it *on the same box*.

I deleted everything, and made several repeats of the this test.

I renamed the file to *.BIN, then uploaded it.  Still took too long to replicate.

I renamed the file to *.TXT, then uploaded it.  Still took too long to replicate.

I renamed the file to *.EXE, then uploaded it.  Still took too long to replicate.

However, when I upload an *actual* executable file of about the same size, it replicates it
in about 1 second.

In all cases, the "content_type" of the attachment was correct to the file type.

So clearly, something internal is ignoring the "content_type", and examining the file contents.
Then deciding what to do about it.

Is this expected behavior?  How can I get the system to simply pass attachments as binary
without do whatever it is doing.

Thanks for any advice.

-Scott