Hi Vivek,

I was considering using the Go programming language; It is easy to deploy, highly concurrent, fairly easy to learn, has great support for HTTP and has a fairly good JavaScript engine coming up[1]. Also, I've lately looked at goraft[2], which could be useful for a high-availability implementation of this. Are you familiar with Go?

[1] https://github.com/robertkrimen/otto
[2] https://github.com/goraft/raft

So far I haven't written a single line of code, but since there is interest I just set up a Github repos[1]. I named it "cushions" in lack of a better name (taken?). Feel free to send me your Github username if you have one.

As of API I'm thinking view querying and document API being identical to CouchDB. The sharding API will be HTTP/ReST based just like CouchDB under /_shards/ or similar.

Cheers,
Jens