couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Hank Knight <hknight...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB: Returning latest revision as update function result
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2013 20:10:31 GMT
I use this in my update function:
return [doc, doc._rev]

When a document is updated using the update function, I want the
latest revision information to be returned, however that returns
revision information of the document BEFORE being updated by the
update function.  So it actually always returns a previous revision
and not the latest revision.

Is it possible for the update function to return the latest revision
information or will I have to get this from a separate query after
updating the document with the update function?