couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Gonzalez <gonva...@gonvaled.com>
Subject What would be the best way to exactly duplicate a document, with attachments?
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 06:04:57 GMT
Hi all,

Let's say I have host1/db1/doc_id1 which I want to duplicate to
host2/db2/doc_id2.

The original document has (maybe) attachments. Currently what I am doing is:

1.
Get doc1. I get an attachment stub.
2.
Put this document to host2/db2/doc_id2
3.
Now I should loop through all attachments, get them, and put them to the
new document. Probably something will not be guesses right (content_type,
...).

Instead, I would like to use a method which:

1.
Duplicates the document by using a single GET to obtain the original
documents + attachments, and creates the new document with a single
PUT/POST (is this possible, no matter the amount of attachments?)
2.
Does not use the filesystem to save the attachments
3.
Does not use replication
4.
Does not recreate the attachments: specifically, no re-guessing of the
content type and other attachment properties.
To make it clear: I want an exact copy of the original document, except
that:

1.
The doc_id is different
2.
It is in a different host/database than the original document
3.
There is no revision

Is there any built-in couchdb support for this?

Thanks,
Daniel

Link to original SO question: http://stackoverflow.com/q/20386913/647991