couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: How to add BrowserId plugin to OSX binary install of CouchDB
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 02:02:44 GMT

On Dec 18, 2013, at 2:08 PM, Sjoerd de Jong <sjoerd@weett.nl> wrote:

> From my point of view, Persona is great way to have decent security in a really simple
setup. It enables couchapps to be fully secure, without the need of installing any other services,
which is a major feature imho. As OAuth is already a bundled security plugin, I’d love too
see Persona / BrowserId to be bundled too!

+1. We’re building Persona support into our Couchbase mobile products too, for this reason.
I really like that it doesn’t hardcode dependence on some big monopolistic service like
Facebook or Twitter.

—Jens