couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Data usage and compaction status
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2013 21:15:31 GMT

On 27 Dec 2013, at 22:01 , Jens Rantil <jens.rantil@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I look at `/mydb`[1] I am given a lot of statistics. Among them is `data_size`.
However, when I look in the documentation[1] I can't find it. Is it missing or has it been
removed?

It has not been removed, it might not have been documented yet. You are welcome to send a
patch :)

> What value does it show?

The amount of bytes your mydb.couch file uses on disk. E.g. the same value a `ls -l` would
show.

Best
Jan
--

> I am running CouchDB 1.5.0.
>
> Two related questions:
>
> 1. The `disk_size` measurement does not include views indexes size. Is there any way
for me to check the size of a view index (over HTTP, that is ;))?

> 2. The `/mydb` shows when a compaction is going on of the database (but not views, right?).
Is the only way to check whether a view compaction is running by looking in the `/_active_tasks`
response?