couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sjoerd de Jong <sjo...@weett.nl>
Subject How to add BrowserId plugin to OSX binary install of CouchDB
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 10:09:26 GMT
Hello,

For some time I am struggling with getting the BrowserId (Persona) plugin running on my machine
(OSX Mavericks).

Previously I compiled https://github.com/iriscouch/browserid_couchdb using `rake plugin="git://github.com/iriscouch/browserid_couchdb
origin/master”` on build-couchdb. For some reason this fails for 1.5 for me, and instead
of diving into the error I’d like to just use the download for OSX from the couchdb.apache.org
main site.

In Jason Smiths talk on Plugins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saNjXpE1h1Y) he showed installing
a plugin is as easy as copying a .beam file into the CouchDB application. Is this also true
for the downloadable version from the main website? If so, is it possible to install the BrowserId
plugin this way?

If not, what is the recommended way to get CouchDB running with the BrowserId plugin installed?

Thanks for the help!

Sjoerd