couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Ziebell <sebastian.zieb...@asquera.de>
Subject Handling ETags from two slaves
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 17:41:47 GMT
Hello,

I have a question regarding the ETag generation of CouchDb.

Our setup consists of one master node and two slaves that replicate a database from master
(all run on CouchDb version 1.3.0). The web application gets the response from either slave.

Is there a way to ensure that both CouchDb slaves return the same ETag for the same view when
they provide identical results? I tested several views and even when the results are identical
(matching MD5 hashes) the responses contain different ETags from the two slaves. According
to the documentation different properties are incorporated into the ETag generation, e.g.
doc ids, user name etc., but these properties are the same for both slaves. Do I miss something
obvious or is it just not possible?

Regards,
Sebastian