couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Marcello Barnaba <...@openssl.it>
Subject [ANN] CouchDB-Lucene Package availability for OpenSuSE systems
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2013 15:20:50 GMT

Hello list,

I have built a package of CouchDB-Lucene for OpenSuSE (11.4 ~ 13.1) systems.

It is available on https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:vjt:ifad/couchdb-lucene. The
same buildservice repo also contains the latest releases of CouchDB (1.5.0) and Erlang (R16).

This package is built from our CouchDB-Lucene fork (https://github.com/ifad/couchdb-lucene),
that increases the precisionStep of date fields, to allow more granularity in range queries
and perform exact sorting, allows queries to be POST’ed and includes the full ooxml-schemas
from Apache POI, allowing Tika to parse Office documents that use exotic features.

We are using this release in production since July 2013, and we didn’t encounter any issue
with it - it works beautifully, backing an application with tens of thousands of CouchDB documents,
and some thousands of Office attachments.

Feedback is of course appreciated. :-)

Enjoy!

~Marcello