couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Iriele <siriele...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storage limitations?
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2013 22:15:59 GMT
It would be bad design to do it place a potentially large series of hings
like comments in one doc. I'm not sure what you're trying to solve but it
would be trivially easy to use a view for this.
Also if you wanted to do some special formatting of the json before it came
back you could use a _list function to turn it into anything.

There are many approaches you can take..If a post has a 1 to many
relationship with comment you can just include the post_id field in the
each comment doc and make emit ([doc.post_id,doc.date_created],(<you could
use include docs and leave this null or put the post text>)