couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Mohr <r...@kumu.io>
Subject Re: CouchDB vs RethinkDB
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 19:08:14 GMT
Rethink caught my interest a little while back too.  Looks like a well
designed database and a great collection of tools to support it.

The immediate difference that jumped out at me (and the ultimate reason I
chose couch over rethink) is that rethink does not and will never support
master-master replication.  See this thread for some background:
https://github.com/rethinkdb/rethinkdb/issues/1019#issuecomment-19573253

Both databases are "distributed" but in different respects.  CouchDB is
"distributed" in the same way git is "distributed" (eg we're all equals).
RethinkDB is "distributed" in the scaling sense (sharding / cluster-wide
queries) but there is always an authoritative master.