couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Mohr <r...@kumu.io>
Subject Re: Product management means saying no
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2013 03:07:38 GMT
> Well I am not sure you want a documented oriented database then ;) Imo
you are thinking to an object database :)

As far as my needs go there's no difference between the two.  Everything I
store in CouchDB is just an object anyway.

If it helps shed some context, here are the primary reasons I choose to use
CouchDB:

* It's fast
* It's json friendly
* It has a clean REST-based api
* It's conflict aware
* It has built-in incremental master-master replication (IMO couchdb's
biggest selling point and most differentiating feature)
* Backups are ridiculously easy