couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "matt j. sorenson" <m...@sorensonbros.net>
Subject Re: Seeking for professional training help with CouchDB
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 19:55:26 GMT
On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Giovanni P <fiatjaf@gmail.com> wrote:

> Of course experience has value. I'll never deny it. The problem was that
> the term "expert" states something about "knowing more", not "having more
> experience. Ok, these points are blurry and confusing, but that was part of
> my question.

Good point, I would agree with you there. "Expert", the term itself and
it's connotations, I have never cared for. Particularly self-labeled
"experts". Self-labeled "social media experts" reinforces my position :)

I prefer "striving for mastery" over "becoming an expert". I think it's a
subtle but significant difference.

--matt