couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Nephin <dnep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: overwrite document without revision?
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2013 20:53:16 GMT
Isn't this the default behaviour?

All you need to update a document is it's '_id'.  Since this is a data
warehouse, I assume the ID is already being set by the transaction system,
so you don't need to do a lookup. If you PUT a document (
http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/api/document/common.html#put--db-docid) using
it's ID, it will replace the previous revision.

Am I missing something?