couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mike Marino <mmar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Debian init script stop/restart does not work
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 15:42:53 GMT
Ok, so this is for couchdb 1.3.0 (downloaded tar.gz).  The changes I
made (please ignore my misspelling of shepherd :-) ) are here:

https://gist.github.com/mgmarino/7601778

To summarize, I essentially track the pid of the shepherd program,
which would otherwise respawn couchdb, and kill this program also
during a shutdown.  This certainly doesn't address any larger issues
of the complication of the start / stop, but perhaps it will at least
be informative.  I also haven't checked to see if anything changed
between 1.3 and 1.4/1.5, so I hope it's still relevant.

hth,
Mike

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> That would be great!
>
> On 22 November 2013 14:55, Mike Marino <mmarino@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have definitely had a similar issue, and had to fix the script
>> myself ( We use a CRUX distribution, so everything was built from
>> scratch ).  If it would help, I could dig up how I fixed it on my
>> system.
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Yup, we know. The start/stop code is quite complicated (*too*
>>> complicated) and seems to go wrong more and more.
>>>
>>> Jan and I are going to spend some time digging into it over the weekend.
>>>
>>> The main issue is that the pid in the pidfile is wrong (generally on
>>> first start since boot) so stop fails. I've even seen it let two
>>> couchdb's start at once.
>>>
>>> B.

executes, but process still alive and database still respond. Anyone with same problems?