couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why you should never use X
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 19:01:06 GMT
Actually, he is right: for serious, big and production apps you will
found yourself designing data schema for stored data. This isn't
problems for CouchDB since there is validate_doc_update functions that
will prevent you having broken documents, but this is for MongoDB. The
main profit of such schema that it defines the lower bound of the
required document fields, not the upper one as for relation databases
in their canonical design (e.g. without EAV tables).

Also you have to keep in mind that if you setup "implicit" relations
between documents you should except to find some data inconsistent:
comments without post, TV show data without seasons etc. E.g. orphan
documents are OK even if your business logic doesn't assume them.

--