couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Tim Tisdall <tisd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: view_duplicate_id chaos
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2013 21:30:32 GMT
Do you have duplicate doc ids in your data??

I think the view is just corrupted and needs to be deleted and
recreated from scratch.

-Tim

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 4:17 PM, Will Perry <Will.Perry@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks-
>
> In a fairly large DB (~8GB) we're seeing crashes, compaction failures and index rebuilds
as a result of duplicate doc ids. A selection of related traces includes:

> [error] [<0.2990.111>] Compaction daemon - an error ocurred while compacting the
view group `System` from database `servicebus`: {view_duplicate_id,

                                             <<"test:-vM0xyKZdeSMCIukpTchI3ZeKhk">>}

> [error] [<0.7103.113>] Duplicate docid `test:-vM0xyKZdeSMCIukpTchI3ZeKhk` detected
in view group `_design/System`, database `servicebus` - This view needs to be rebuilt.

> Can anyone help me understand what's happening here? How can we avoid getting into this
situation, and is there a best-practice to resolve it?