couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Debian init script stop/restart does not work
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 14:54:13 GMT
Yup, we know. The start/stop code is quite complicated (*too*
complicated) and seems to go wrong more and more.

Jan and I are going to spend some time digging into it over the weekend.

The main issue is that the pid in the pidfile is wrong (generally on
first start since boot) so stop fails. I've even seen it let two
couchdb's start at once.

B.

On 22 November 2013 14:45, Alexander Uvarov <alexander.uvarov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Debian init script does not work as expected in stop/restart cases. It successfully executes,
but process still alive and database still respond. Anyone with same problems?