couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Storage limitations?
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2013 19:47:54 GMT
attachments are different to documents. They're stored as a series of
binary chunks and so they can be streamed in and out, you can go large
with attachments. The reason I say documents can't be too huge is that
couchdb has to hold them in memory to process them or even return
them.

As for comments, just add new documents for each comment and use a
view (https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_view_API,
https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/View_collation) to bring the article
and comment thread together. No need to update a document that way.

B.