couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: BigCouch
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 16:52:23 GMT
Hi,

There has been a protracted lull in the bigcouch merger work but we're
doing some more at couchhack in December and then a whole lot more in
Q1, hopefully to completion.

We're not yet sure what migration will look like. At worse, it will be
replication based but we're mindful to do better.

0.4 is stable enough but note that it's 2+ years old from the author's
(Cloudant's) point of view and is no longer under active development
or maintenance.

For clarity, the merge is emphatically not the bigcouch code base but,
rather, the code that Cloudant runs in production as of around April.
Once the merge is done, we can look at porting all the core
improvements we've made since then.

B.

On 21 November 2013 16:31, Dan Santner <dansantner@me.com> wrote:
> I use bigcouch in a production system.  In my case it's been pretty stable but we don't
have massive usage yet.

> It was one of the easiest things for me to setup honestly.  And if you don't actually
need your own instance running on your own nodes just use cloudant which makes the deployment
steps go away :).