couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jim Klo <jim....@sri.com>
Subject Re: rewrites not working
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2013 05:48:12 GMT
Couple of issues I see, answered inline below.

Jim Klo
Senior Software Engineer
SRI International
t: @nsomnac

On Nov 10, 2013, at 8:38 PM, "Alexander Gabriel" <alex@barbalex.ch<mailto:alex@barbalex.ch>>
wrote:

I call:
"http://arteigenschaften.ch/artendb/_design/artendb/index.html" because
that is where the web-app appears. And I would want it to show as "
http://arteigenschaften.ch/index.html<http://arteigenschaften.ch/artendb/_design/artendb/index.html>

Is your VHOST mapping right?

I saw you had:
arteigenschaften.ch<http://arteigenschaften.ch>:5984=/db name/_design/docname/_rewrite

If you want it to answer on port 80, I think you either need to omit the port or specify 80

arteigenschaften.ch<http://arteigenschaften.ch>=/db name/_design/docname/_rewrite

You should be able to test your rewrites by just going to:
http://localhost:5984/artendb/_design/artendb/_rewrite

It that works, then your problem is with your VHOST config (or reverse proxy depending upon
how things are configured in your environment). If you're doing this remotely and can't access
couch directly, I recommend doing a ssh port forward so you can test the redirect without
VHOST mucking things up.

- JK